cast confession.

Alright, so I have a small confession to make. Prior to working on this project I have always used the old c style casting method in c++. As a matter of fact I didn't know there was another way. Sad I know but I didn't use it in college and all the example code I looked at while I was learning c++ used the old method.

Now that I have seen it though I only use the new method. The reason's for this are numerous. One simply being it is easier to read. The other is that the dynamic version allows type checking. Which is nice if you don't have any guarantee that your getting the correct type.

Also it is way easier to do a find for casts of an unknown type. I mean what are you gonna search for "("? So I thought I would post this little bit of information and maybe save someone else some hassle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VK9 - Milestone8 Completed

VK9 - Milestone13 Completed

VK9 - Milestone16 Completed