Enet progress

I was able to make some progress with enet. My client now connects to the server and I send packets to the server it receives them and responds to them. The movement message anyway.

I realized one flaw in my response packet though. I'm not currently passing the id of the mesh(player) to move on the screen.

I'm not actually moving the player based off of server authority yet but that will be the next step. I'm going to have to rethink a few details on the client side.

The server will need some changes as well so it populates the id when it sends the response.

I will probably use a set or map on the client with the id as the key and the mesh as the value. Of course all of them will need to be added to the scene but that should be the easy part.

I'm going to crash early tonight & shave.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VK9 - Milestone8 Completed

VK9 - Milestone13 Completed

VK9 - Milestone16 Completed