Movement updates

I have now added more logic to the client & server for the movement code. for 0.1.0 I intend to bypass the login code and assume everyone is on the same map. That should be easy to do because I can just leave the map index at zero.

The biggest problem is going to be I have no idea if my networking code is correct. Once I get enough code to pass this message back and forth I will probably need allot of debug time to get this correct.

If it works the first go I'll be impressed.

Also I merged some of the data structures between the client & Server. This reduces maintenance but it also makes the project look like an include nightmare. Or at least the start of one.

I don't think I can avoid that though so I'm going to roll with it. I could just add all of that to a library but I don't want to do that. One for performance and another because I want to keep all of this logic in the actually projects were possible to keep from having library issues.

So basically what I'm saying is I think I have chosen the lesser of two evils at least in this case.

Ok, my eyes burn, I'm tired, and my hands are getting stiff. It's time for sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VK9 - Milestone8 Completed

VK9 - Milestone13 Completed

VK9 - Milestone16 Completed