openal sigh

As I mentioned in my last post I have been working on getting sound working in the game.

Right now I have a working waterfall sound that is placed 0,0,0 on the map. I checked and looking away just change the how the sound is played. if you look to the left the sound will now come from the right etc. So it works. However I get several warnings that some of the functions I'm using are deprecated. So I have to find an up to date sample and fix that.

That is the main thing holding back sound in this game is the poor documentation I have been able to come across. I'm sure there is some out there but I'm used to doing a quick google search and find an example of exactly what I want to do.

Hopefully I can get this working with whatever the new method is and soon be able to transfer this functionality to a proper implementation of sound in the game.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VK9 - Milestone8 Completed

VK9 - Milestone13 Completed

VK9 - Milestone16 Completed