0.7.0 status

I decided to drop llmozlib. I found a gecko offscreen renderer SDK. It is based on the gecko SDK from Mozilla. Now there is only an SDK for Windows so I'll have to build it from source and possibly hack the code base to bring this support to Linux & Mac. So as a result in this release I'm not going to add browser support to Linux and Mac. Not because I value those platforms less or anything it is just easier to get this release out if I don't bite off so much in one go.

Also I broke the browser out into a static library. That should simplify things because there will be allot of effort into building that piece. So much so that I think it warrants it's own project. Perhaps if I get some volunteers I'll cut them lose on it. That will be one area where people will for sure want to use it later. They may even want to use it now if it is working. I haven't tested the code which means chances are good it doesn't work at all.

Also for some reason I was feeling adventurous and updated to Irrlicht 1.6. That means it should be more stable and have fun new features. At this point I doubt I'll be using even a small fraction of them though because of how little graphical content we have in the game right now. We potentially have another 3d modeler coming on board though. He probably won't do much either but hey it could happen.


One final order of business. I'm planning on making a binary release this time around. It has been so long I think it is time to put out another binary. The last was 0.3.0 I think.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VK9 - Milestone8 Completed

VK9 - Milestone13 Completed

VK9 - Milestone16 Completed