Seamless Enigma

So, I decided tonight while finishing a college paper that Enigma should be seamless as in the main part of the world should be able to be traversed without a traditional map change. So with that in mind as a goal I have started working on a new terrain system that loads up new terrain in front of you and unloads old terrain behind you. It will also move you and the terrain back to the center so irrlicht doesn't have to deal with super high choords and I don't have to do tricky stuff with the Skybox.

Speaking of which I plan to replace the skybox with a skydome I figure I'm doing this stuff in code anyway and the main reason I was using a box was because the old irredit didn't have a dome option.

Anyway I started working on it but my first test didn't go so well because I get an access error from someone in the code. Makes me miss dotnet a little where every exception has lots of information regarding called methods and the exception type. Not in standard c++ though, sigh well anyway this thing could be neat. I decided my short term goal is getting this thing ready for socializing like a virtual world. The Items, combat, and all that can wait until I get a hand full of users to help me test and try out some of the systems I already have implemented.

My authentication and registration still need some help but seeing how I can't host asp.net on source forge and I can't host websites at all on my connection I can't host the registration stuff publicly anyway.

But anyway I need some spit and polish on the interface also but that will be difficult because the only person I know willing to help with that expects to draw images and have them magically be the UI. The concept of controls doesn't seem to register. I guess I could make custom controls but that is so much work for so little benefit. Oh well I need UI stuff for different game functions though for sure because command line stuff works and all but some people don't like that. Plus if they can't see it on the UI then they will assume it does exist.

Well this will have to wait I still have another paper to write before Wednesday so I'll go that first thing tomorrow because it's late now. Alright that is all for tonight thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VK9 - Milestone8 Completed

VK9 - Milestone13 Completed

VK9 - Milestone16 Completed